Wednesday, June 30, 2010

oh my.

i had a dream. and this was nothing like martin luther king jr's dream, bless his soul.
no, this dream was just plain scary. i was in croatia, and i forgot to pack like half of my stuff that i needed. including my laptop. and well, without my laptop i could not talk to my mom. and therefor i could not get all the things i needed.
and then no one understood english and everyone was speaking another language. and i know that it was supposed to be croatian, but lets face it, i cant very well dream of people speaking a language i dont know. so im pretty sure it was just gibberish. so there i was and i was so lost and i didnt know what to do with my life.

but the point of this is that it made me realize how unprepared i feel to go.
i suppose thats pretty normal, but it still freaks me out.
yeah.

4 comments:

  1. aw honey!
    That is scary.
    I had a dream I was
    in Argentina talking to Jose
    and Galo... and they were making
    fun of my Spanish and saying how stupid
    I was. It made me very sad. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! hahah thats so something they would do, too! stupid boys.
    but from the one conversation we had on my facebook status, your spanish is good!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Dorothy! Your post made me laugh and cry!! ~ When I went to Argentina for a month I knew almost no Spanish so I was learning 'on the fly'. It was very challenging, but I'm sure it was only a TINY taste of what you will be experiencing in your first few months in Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw! haha yeah, its going to be quite the challenge!

    ReplyDelete