Friday, August 27, 2010

here we are.

todays the day!
and when i say that, i mean it very literally. as in, its currently 12:12 am on saturday.
i guess you could say im not ready. haaaaa, what am i talking about? no. i am absolutely not ready. my bags weigh 46 and 49 pounds. my room is a completeee disaster. i have more things to put in my carry on than can possibly fit. i feel sick to my stomach. OH yeah, and one of my suitcases broke. guess whos running out in the morning to by a new one? yes. me.

"rough start today, dorothy?" one might ask.
my reply would be "yes."

but hey, time keeps moving, the past is growing. and even with all these stressful things, i could not be more excited. sure, i may have burst into tears randomly at times for the past week. sure i have no idea what to expect. sure im going to miss my family, my friends. sure these goodbyes are the hardest. but these are normal.
i want adventure. i want culture. i want challenge. i want croatia.

lucky for me, in a few short hours, all those wants, they will be mine.

wish me luck? [:

1 comment:

  1. 95 pounds of luggage!! Oh dear!! But then, I shouldn't talk.. I always over pack :\
    I admire your pluck and courage, Dott. You'll be just fine.
    Now try to cherish your last bit of time at home with your folks! They're gonna miss you, BIG TIME!!

    ReplyDelete