Friday, October 1, 2010

this is now my life.

this week has been pretty normal, and honestly, im really excited about that.
it makes me feel more like this is my life, not that im on some awesome vacation, far away from home. i go to MY school every day. i hang out with MY friends, i come home to MY house, i sleep in MY bed. this is my real life, and everyday i get more comfortable. every day i fall more in love with this country, these people, this way of life.

my 'one month anniversary' has come and gone. ive never been away from home for this long. and im really proud to say ive made it. but really, i shouldnt take so much credit for my bravery and independence. this month was not hard. i was not sitting in room crying because i was homesick. actually, i havent even done that once. sure, sometimes ill be on facebook looking at pictures and wish i was in them. or ill talk to my friends and feel like im missing everything thats happening back at home. but i stop and remember, 'dude, dorothy, your in freaking CROATIA, its like what youve been dreaming about for the past year, stop being dumb and live it up!' [; and then im okay.

now i have to admit, im a little upset at how little of the language i feel that im learning. i think i set some unrealistic goals that im clearly not meeting. school is much harder than i would have thought. its harder than my school back at home. i feel like i spend my time studying physics, or math, or memorizing shakespear instead of trying to learn croatian. its not what i would choose to do, but school has to come first.. unfortunately.

as for my social life, its just as good as ever. [; ive come to love this whole going out for coffee thing, even though i never do actually order coffee. i meet new people every day, some become my friends, some just become people ive met. and one, has become someone i want to meet! hahah [;

but oh heeeey, looks like its time for another day of škola. yaaaay.
good thing i memorized my shakespear for today!

bok!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment